Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dropping Coffee Beans

I have been living in Warsaw for six years now, on and off, and I am continually amazed at how little I know about this city. For the past five New Years Eves, it has been my New Year's Resolution to try and find a handful of things to love about this feeble wrinkled granny of a city, of gnarled hands and feet. She continues to wobble her way through the years, to the astonishment of everyone around. A few decades back, she was not meant to be anymore, but she lived, and has now caught her breath again. Yet, it shall be years before you will be able to appreciate her, without having to always summon the ghost of her former beauty in your head, to patch up the wrinkles and scars.

What I want to do is to dive into the tiniest corners of the wrinkles and creases, to see what excitement I can dig up. I shall be following a path of a fresh coffee roast, fluffy armchair cushions, homemade apple crumbles, and foamy raspberry smoothies. Toting my camera on one arm, and my portable coffee palate on its own two Coyote Australian legs. I shall explore the Warsaw cafe underworld! Let us see if the people of Warsaw know how to sit down over a cuppa, and if so, what happens when they do!

And I shall drop a little coffee bean in every wrinkle and crease that we visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment